For Immediate Release September 16, 2013 For more information contact:
first design phase develops more than 200 facilities for new qatari naval base
Doha, Qatar – The RosserECG Joint Venture, which serves as the Building Design Consultancy (BDC) for the Qatar Emiri Naval Forces Base (QENFB), recently completed the first phase of design for more than 200 facilities that will serve the new Naval Base in Doha, Qatar. The project is part of the New Port Project (NPP), which is creating one of the largest greenfield port developments, spanning 26.5 square kilometers. The $7.4 billion project includes a new port, the new naval base and the Qatar Economic Zone.
The new base for the Qatar Emiri Naval Forces will be built offshore of the NewPort, providing berthing for Qatar’s Navy and visiting naval vessels from around the world. The Base will offer technical support, comprehensive logistic facilities, material support accommodation and recreational services.
RosserECG architects and engineers are designing facilities for administration, technical development and support, comprehensive logistic facilities, material support accommodation and recreational services. Facilities include:
- Base Headquarters (Administration, Operations & Command, Coastal Defense, Special Forces, SurveillanceTowers)
- Base Administration (Barracks, Dining Halls, MedicalCenter, Sports & Recreation Facilities
- Naval Operations Command Centre (communications, harbor control, hangars & airfields, fire station)
- Directorate of Operations and Training (Naval school, operational training, shooting range
- Technical Department (Workshops & Vessel Maintenance, Logistics & Storage
- Transport sections (Fuel Storage & Utilities)